Summer holidays in the Carpathians: the best resorts and hotels
01 June 2021
People do need active recreation, traveling, and new experiences regardless of the season. But summer is a special time for an unforgettable vacation. Experienced tourists highly advise visiting the Carpathians during the warm season. Hiking and horseback riding amidst picturesque wildlife sites, swimming in mountain lakes and rivers, exploring historical sights and other activities can be enjoyed since the perfect conditions for active recreation have been set here.
In summer, the best spa hotels in the Carpathians and Transcarpathia should be booked in advance. Every year more and more tourists from different regions of Ukraine and European countries visit local resorts. Let us look at the top hotels in the Carpathians that delight tourists with outstanding service, good location, and excellent comfort.
Summer activities in Bukovel
Bukovel invites tourists to experience the true flavor of Western Ukraine and enjoy the incredible views of the Carpathian mountains. It is the largest ski resort in Ukraine that occupies an area of 220 hectares. Nevertheless, Bukovel offers many activities to be enjoyed in summer:
- quad biking tours and cycling along custom made bicycle tracks;
- hiking and horseback riding;
- wakeboarding, rope jumping, water skiing, catamarans, and jet skis;
- trolley, alpine coaster, zipline on ropes between trees;
- sightseeing tours;
- doing sports on equipped playgrounds.
Here you can find the best Carpathian hotels that are prepared to welcome tourists in the summer. The suitable service level, accommodation cost, location, and style of the room can be easily matched. During the winter season, the proximity to the ski lifts is important for tourists. And in the summer, a swimming pool is an added benefit. The top lines in the rating are occupied by complexes located in the center of the resort and the village of Polyanytsya. In summer, the best hotels in Bukovel offer deals and promotions, as well as discounts for accommodation.
Stara Pravda: unique ethnic style and service par excellence
This is one of the best hotels with a swimming pool in the Carpathians. It is located in the mountains at an altitude of 1010 m above sea level. Stara Pravda offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the stay in comfortable rooms and cozy cottages. The hotel is famous for its authentic ethno-style and enables tourists to have a feel of different eras. Each room has a unique interior. Working on styling solutions, designers were inspired by different periods of the region’s history, ancient traditions, cultural features, and natural beauty.
Looking for the best hotel in Bukovel? Choose our complex. You can admire the incredible scenery right from your room window while relaxing in bed, as well as from the restaurant while dining, or enjoying the outdoor pool and hot jacuzzi. The complex features a sauna and offers a wide range of spa treatments, including various types of massages.
The restaurants of the complex with panoramic windows – Art Drobitnia and Defilyada – receive a lot of positive reviews. Here guests are offered the best dishes of Ukrainian and European cuisines cooked from local products according to original recipes. Chefs do not use semi-finished products. They make pickles, as well as preserves and jams from local berries on their own.
The hotel is 2.5 km from the center of the Bukovel resort. Easily reachable entertainment infrastructure and the enchanting nature of the Carpathians enable our guests to combine active leisure with complete relaxation and solitude. Stara Pravda has rightfully earned its recognition as one of the best hotels in Bukovel. Here you can find the perfect conditions for recreation in both the winter and summer seasons.
Yaremche: a place for an unforgettable vacation
This resort town is located at an altitude of 585 m above sea level in the Prut River valley. Holidays in Yaremche bring, first of all, an opportunity to live in maximum proximity to wildlife. Many local hotels are located on the mountainsides, and their territory is surrounded by forest.
Experienced tourists recommend to choose the best hotels in the Carpathians taking into account the preferred style of recreation. Do you need calmness for the soul and healing air for the body? Do you want to enjoy walking and contemplation of natural beauty? Then Yaremche is the perfect option.
The resort offers many opportunities for recreation activities. Most popular landmarks and entertainment sites include:
- Probiy cascade waterfall in the heart of Yaremche;
- enclosure (mini zoo). Deer, wild boars, and birds live here. The zoo is small but a lot of tourists give it a high rating;
- Divochi Slozy Waterfall (Maiden’s Tears Waterfall). You can reach it by walking. Another option is to ride ATV or a horse. The path to the waterfall abounds with picturesque wildlife sites;
- Makovytsia Mountain. An incredible view of Yaremche opens from its peak. The best road to the mountain goes through the Stezhka Dovbusha natural park. Different stages of the route feature steep climbs and observation decks;
- Zhenetsʹkyy Huk Waterfall is located in a picturesque setting. To reach the waterfall, you need to walk about 5 km and cross the Prut River over a suspension bridge. But your efforts will be rewarded with the opportunity to admire incredible views.
Kolomyya, a colorful and cozy town, is an hour’s drive from Yaremche. Here, the famous Pysanka Museum (Easter Egg Museum) is located. By all means, take a walk through the historical part of Kolomyya – do not miss the chance to buy authentic souvenirs and painted tableware.
Yaremche: the best Carpathian hotels with beautiful views
- FoRest House. This hotel complex is located in a quiet retreat, just 500 meters from the town center. The eco-design has been implemented here. The comfortable rooms feature wooden decorative elements, air conditioning, and satellite TV. The suites have their own kitchen. Guests can visit the restaurant, spa complex and take a dip in the hot tub. According to the guests’ reviews, this is one of the best hotels in the Carpathians.
- Frai Lodge. It is located 650 m from the center of Yaremche. Guests like its location close to the woods, the cozy home-like setting, and the hotel’s pricing policy. The guests are offered a garden, terrace, living room, barbecue and dining area in the yard, stove, and coffee machine. For those who like active recreation, there is a bicycle rental service. In the reviews, guests note how hospitable and welcoming the hosts are.
- Yaremchansky Club. The complex carries on the tradition of a popular tourist club founded in 1899. It offers perfect conditions for health improvement. The hotel strictly adheres to the environmental concept. Comfortable rooms with designs inspired by alpine chalets are decorated with natural materials. The bedding is made of hypoallergenic fabrics. Crystal clear drinking water flows from the taps here. According to the complex clients’ reviews, the service level is par excellence here; the staff demonstrates a sincere desire to please every guest; a combination of close communion with nature and modern amenities provides a harmonious experience.
There are many hotels of different capacities and family mini-hotels in Yaremche. You will definitely find an option with the best accommodation services and price.
Vorokhta: amazing landscapes and mineral spring
Vorokhta, an urban-type settlement, is located in the southwestern part of the Ivano-Frankivsk region near the upper mouth of the Prut River. This is one of the highest mountain climatic resorts in the Carpathians. The settlement is located at an altitude of 800-850 m above sea level not far from the Yablunytsia Pass. The settlement is surrounded by pristine wilderness. It impresses guests with incredibly beautiful mountain landscapes, mineral springs, and healing mountain air rich with pine scents.
There are Carpathian complexes and the best hotels that are popular among fans of extreme skiing in winter. The local ski resort is a training center for ski jumping, biathlon, and skiing racing. There are trails with various difficulty levels. Skiing and snowboarding activities are available at any time of the day. Vorokhta is one of the best locations to start the hike to Hoverla.
In summer, this resort is popular among green tourism enthusiasts. It offers hiking to natural, historical, and iconic attractions. Vorokhta is one of the favorite recreation places for athletes who practice zipline, kayak, or rafting. Here you can take a horse ride, ATV, or off-road driving.
Local attractions include:
- viaducts – ancient railway bridges built during the period of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Some of them are still in use today;
- carriage bridge. This site is not marked on tourist maps, but locals will give directions. An old building near a small waterfall is worth visiting;
- the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin. It is one of the few preserved wooden religious buildings in the Carpathians.
Local markets will delight you with an abundance of original woodwork and handmade textiles. Be sure to try the local authentic eating, honey, and herbal teas.
Top 3 hotels in Vorokhta
According to reviews and guest ratings, these are the complexes that can be considered the Top 3:
- Apartments Chalet Girska Hatyna. It offers a seasonal outdoor pool, on-site parking, a garden with a barbecue area. There are the Carpathian Natural National Park, zipline, horse and bike trails, ski slopes nearby. All rooms have a bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen, as well as a sofa, sitting area, TV with satellite channels.
- Cottage 12 Months. Guests stay in a 3-story wooden house with magnificent views. The estate territory features a parking lot, a pond, a barbecue area, a garden house, and a swing. The complex is surrounded by forest. Guests admire the comfort of the rooms, the hospitality of the owners, the proximity to nature, and the beauty of the neighborhood.
- Nad Prutom. All rooms in the house are decorated with natural wood. It offers a very cozy and comfortable environment, as well as beautiful views of the mountains from the windows. There is a garden, barbecue area, and terrace.
Family mini-hotels prevail in Vorokhta. In summer, the accommodation cost is almost 2 times lower than in the winter season.
Drahobrat: the highest mountain ski resort in Ukraine
This is one of the most popular destinations for the winter holidays. However, even in summer Drahobrat provides visitors with a full range of recreation options. Tourists will be able to enjoy landscapes and waterfalls of superlative beauty, swim in mountain lakes and rivers.
In addition to hiking, Drahobrat offers a lot of activities for enthusiasts of outdoor recreation, including:
- cycle touring;
- horse riding;
- mountain climbing;
- fishing in mountain rivers;
- rafting, kayaking, and canoeing;
- quad biking;
- picking berries and mushrooms.
There are perfect conditions for close communion with nature. Many tourists go to Drahobrat in summer to camping in tents. Is comfort important to you? Book a room in a hotel or spa retreat to meet your every need.
Top 3 hotels in Drahobrat:
- Sukhoviia. The country house is located in Yasinya not far from the basic infrastructure facilities. The advantages of the hotel include a home-like experience, delicious and healthy food, excellent level of service, beautiful views, a variety of rooms, as well as friendly and welcoming hosts.
- HOTEL BOBROvski. This complex is located in the urban settlement of Yasinya. It offers comfortable suites with beautiful views from the window, a sauna, free parking, and a storage room for ski equipment. Guests can stay with their pets. The reviews feature a high rating for service level and a wide range of entertainment options.
- Retreat center Yantry. The complex is built from genuine wood. It is a very cozy place, and the room windows offer views of the mountains and the river. The guests can enjoy various quality catering, spa treatments, yoga, and fitness. There is a spacious terrace, a picnic area, and an outdoor fireplace. Complete reboot and relaxation are guaranteed!
When choosing the best hotel for the holiday in the Carpathians, whether you travel with children or with friends, it is important to book rooms in advance. Thus, you will take advantage of the widest choice and select the best room and at the best price. We wish you a pleasant stay and an unforgettable experience!